Studio Jolanda van Goor General Terms and Conditions of Services, Sale and Delivery.
1. These ‘Studio Jolanda van Goor General Terms and Conditions of Services Sale and Delivery’(hereafter: “General Conditions”) apply to and form an integral part of all quotations, offers, confirmations and service or sale agree-ments concluded between Buyer on one hand and the company of “Studio Jolanda van Goor”:(i) Studio Jolanda van Goor B.V. established at Weerelaan 1491705 EV Heerhugowaard Netherlands (Netherlands);All companies have been established under the national laws of their respective country; Studio Jolanda van Goor.
2. Buyer in the General Conditions means: the counterparty of Studio Jolanda van Goor.
3. The application of any terms and conditions used by Buyer is expressly excluded.
2. Quotations / Agreement
1. Unless otherwise stated, any offer or quotation by Studio Jolanda van Goor is subject to contract.
2. An agreement shall take effect once an offer accepted by Buyer has been confirmed by Studio Jolanda van Goor in writing.
3. Orders for goods made on demand (“specials”) cannot be cancel-led.
4. Unless agreed otherwise all other orders may be cancelled or changed within ONE working day following the order confirmation by Studio Jolanda van Goor. Any other change or cancellation of an order is subject to Studio Jolanda van Goor’s written approval and is subject to conditions by Studio Jolanda van Goor.5. If the price, discounts or dates of delivery are based on an apparent error, Studio Jolanda van Goor may correct the mistakes or cancel the order.
6. All agreements shall at all times be subject to credit approval by Studio Jolanda van Goor. The aforementioned does not prevent Studio Jolanda van Goor from requiring at any time security for compliance with Buyer’s financial obligations.
3. Price and payment
1. All quoted prices by Studio Jolanda van Goor B.V. or by Studio Jolanda van Goor are in EURO;
2. All prices are inclusive VAT and other government duties or taxes. Any costs incurred in the context of the agreement, such as administrative, transport and COD charges are excluded from the prices. These taxes and costs will be added to the sales price and form a part of the agreed invoiced amount due by Buyer.
3. If discount is agreed for the purchase of a certain quantity or range in an order, Studio Jolanda van Goor is not obliged to apply the discount if fewer or different goods than those agreed are actually delivered.
4. All orders are accepted on the basis of PRE-PAYMENT.
5. Any invoice must have been paid on Studio Jolanda van Goor’s bank account not later than 30 (thirty) calendar days upon invoice date. In case delivery of any order agreed on a PRE-PAYMENT condition takes place within the aforementioned term, the invoiced amount must be settled at least 5 (five) calendar days prior to the scheduled delivery date. No discount is allowed for early payments.
6. If the invoiced amount is not paid in within the payment term, then the Buyer is in default without any notice being required. In addition to any other rights and remedies Studio Jolanda van Goor may have under applicable law, interest will accrue on all late payments at the rate of 1% (one percent) per calendar month or part of the month or the applicable statutory rate, whichever is higher.
7. In the event that collection is necessary all collection costs are payable by Buyer equal to 10% of the principal owed with a minimum of EUR 500 and in the US $ 650.If the debt collection involves court proceedings then all legal costs, including legal advice and representation in court and out of court, as well as all execution costs, shall be for the Buyer’s account.
8. Even if the Buyer is of the opinion that the quality of the delivered goods or services is not in accordance with the agreed goods or services, this does not release him from the obligation to pay.
9. If fewer goods are delivered, or received in good condition, than invoiced, and Buyer objects in good time, Buyer remains liable for the amount invoiced in respect of the goods received in undamaged condition.
10. In the event of any default by Buyer in the payment of any amounts or charges due, Studio Jolanda van Goor has the right to postpone any further deliveries of any goods, without being liable for any losses by Buyer. Such right shall be in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other rights and remedies available under the agreement or at law.
4. Delivery / Transport cost or damage
1. Studio Jolanda van Goor shall always use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver the services or goods within the delivery term. However, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in writing, delivery dates communicated in or acknowledged by Studio Jolanda van Goor are approximate dates. Studio Jolanda van Goor shall not be liable or be in breach of its obligations, when delivery is made sooner or later than the communicated delay.
2. If the communicated delivery date is exceeded, Buyer is still obliged to take delivery of the goods or services, unless before delivery Buyer has put Studio Jolanda van Goor in default, allowing Studio Jolanda van Goor with a reasonable period to execute the agreement, and such term has also expired.
3. Studio Jolanda van Goor may postpone any delivery in the case of production problems affecting the quantity of goods or the quality of goods produced. If such delay last longer than 3 (three) calendar months, either party may cancel the order. Studio Jolanda van Goor is not liable for any losses, including lost profits or savings by Buyer.4. When Buyer fails to take delivery of the goods or services, or fails to provide the information or instructions to enable delivery it is fully liable to Studio Jolanda van Goor for all damages and losses suffered by Studio Jolanda van Goor, such as (but not limited to) transportation costs, extra storage, handling and insurance.
Regarding (re-)delivery, Studio Jolanda van Goor may demand prior payment of all aforementioned costs.
5. Studio Jolanda van Goor is entitled to partial delivery of the goods or services.
6. Upon delivery, Buyer shall check the condition of the packaging and, if this has any defects, Buyer shall, in the presence of the carrier, open the packaging and check the goods for damage.
7. If the goods are damaged Buyer shall refuse delivery of the goods and have the carrier take it back. It shall notify Studio Jolanda van Goor immediately by e-mail if possible with a picture of the condition in which the goods and packaging have been delivered.
5. Changes to specifications, complaints and returns
1. Minor changes can occur in shape or colour depending on the material the good is made of or design of the good.
2. Depending on the materials used for its manufacture, the original goods may change in the course of time, due to environmental influences (UV – light and other for lacquered goods, colours, fabrics and other).
3. Studio Jolanda van Goor is constantly searching to improve its goods. Goods delivered may therefore technically differ from goods ordered.
4. If the goods delivered are not, in the opinion of the Buyer, in accordance with the goods ordered or not all goods have been delivered, Buyer shall immediately notify Studio Jolanda van Goor by e-mail and in any event not later than the fifth working day following the delivery date. Studio Jolanda van Goor is not obliged to deal with complaints that have been received beyond this term. Any complaint filed by Buyer must be specified as detailed as possible with a digital photo annexed to the e-mail.
5. If the complaint, according to Studio Jolanda van Goor, is justified, then Studio Jolanda van Goor has the choice: (i) to replace the defect or missing goods, or (ii) to credit Buyer the purchase price.
6. Defect goods may ONLY be returned to Studio Jolanda van Goor at Studio Jolanda van Goor’s expense after Studio Jolanda van Goor has given its prior written approval or Studio Jolanda van Goor requested to return the defect goods. If the goods have not been received within 15 (fifteen) working days, Buyer is supposed to keep the goods and to have withdrawn its complaint.
7. Extra costs for mounting, dismounting or re-installation for replaced goods or goods taken back are fully at Buyer’s charges.
6. Suspension and termination
1. Studio Jolanda van Goor is entitled to suspend in whole or in part performance of its obligations under any agreement or to terminate the agreement if:(i) Buyer has failed to comply on time, in full or at all with its oblige-tions under previous agreements;(ii) if having entered into the agreement, Studio Jolanda van Goor has good reasons to fear that Buyer will not (be able to) comply with its financial obligations;(iii) Buyer failed to supply the requested security or any adequate security.
2. If, due to delay on the part of Buyer Studio Jolanda van Goor cannot reasonably be expected to comply with the agreement upon the terms originally agreed, then Studio Jolanda van Goor is entitled to cancel the agreement with immediate effect. Buyer shall be liable towards Studio Jolanda van Goor for any and all costs or damages, or loss in profits suffered by Studio Jolanda van Goor.
3. Studio Jolanda van Goor is entitled to terminate the agreement if circumstances arise whose nature and extent means that Studio Jolanda van Goor cannot be expected according to the principles of reasonableness and fairness to perform the original agreement.
1. Buyer has the right to cancel the product order within 14 days without providing a reason. After cancellation buyer gets another 14 days to return the product.
2. Buyer only has to account for the cost of sending the product back to the web shop. In case buyer applies your cancellation rights the product and all its accessories needs to be returned in original state, as far as reasonably possible.
3. To make use of these rights buyer can email firstname.lastname@example.org. The remaining refunds will be transferred within 14 days after the product is received in proper state.
4. Return exceptions apply in the following cases:(i) Sealed products cannot be returned when the seal is broken. (ii) If the product is created by specifications provided by customer(iii) The product is of an apparent personal nature.(iv) The product cannot by returned by definition.
8. Limitation of liability
1. Without prejudice to any mandatory legal rules, the following applies.(i) Regarding goods delivered by Studio Jolanda van Goor:(a) Studio Jolanda van Goor shall not be liable for any lost profits or savings, loss of reputation or goodwill, indirect or incidental or consequential damages arising out or in connection with the sale of the good(s) or the use of these whether or not any claim is based on tort, warranty, contract or any other legal possibility, even in the circumstances that Studio Jolanda van Goor has been advised of any risks.(b) Studio Jolanda van Goor’s aggregate and cumulative liability shall not exceed an amount equal to 50% of the purchase value aggregate and cumulative.(ii) Regarding services rendered by Studio Jolanda van Goor: Studio Jolanda van Goor declines any liability for damages as a result of the use ofservices rendered by Studio Jolanda van Goor.2. At all times Studio Jolanda van Goor’s liability shall at all times be limited to the maximum amount covered by Studio Jolanda van Goor’s insurance for the type of damages.
9. Force majeure
1. In the event of force majeure, the obligations of either party are suspended until the situation of force majeure has ended. If the force majeure lasts longer than three (3) calendar months, then either party is entitled to terminate the agreement without any liability to compensate the other party.
2. ‘Force majeure’ includes, in addition to the definition by law, import and export bans or controls by, or due to, any government or power, the failure of suppliers or service providers of Studio Jolanda van Goor to deliver on time or at all, suspension of work by, or a high amount of sick leave amongst, the employees of Studio Jolanda van Goor or its suppliers.
3. Studio Jolanda van Goor is also entitled to rely on force majeure if the situation of force majeure begins after Studio Jolanda van Goor should have fulfilled its obligations.
4. Insofar as at the time the situation of force majeure commences Studio Jolanda van Goor has partly fulfilled its obligations under the agreement or is still able to do so, then Studio Jolanda van Goor is entitled to invoice for all the parts of the agreement it has complied with or will comply with. In such a case Buyer is obliged to pay as if it were a separate agreement.
10. Retention of title
1. All goods delivered remain the property of Studio Jolanda van Goor until Buyer has fulfilled its obligations to Studio Jolanda van Goor in full. If any invoice remains unpaid, Studio Jolanda van Goor’s retention of title shall also cover all goods previously delivered which have been paid for by Buyer.
2. Goods that are subject to retention of title may only be sold in the context of normal business practice and may not be pledged or otherwise encumber the goods subject to retention of title.
3. If any attachment is levied by a third party upon the goods subject to retention of title, then Buyer shall inform the third party levying the attachment of the retention of title and notify Studio Jolanda van Goor of this immediately.
4. Buyer undertakes to keep insured the goods subject to the retention of title against fire, explosion, or water damage, as well as against theft. On demand by Studio Jolanda van Goor, Buyer shall provide a copy of the insurance policy, as well as ensure that the rights under the insurance policy covering the goods subject to the retention of title shall be transferred to Studio Jolanda van Goor or that Studio Jolanda van Goor is subrogated in these rights.
11. Intellectual property rights and copyrights
1. Studio Jolanda van Goor retains the rights and powers it accrues on the basis of the Copyright Act and other intellectual and industrial legislation and regulations relating to all the goods or services it supplies, insofar as these rights do not belong to any third party.
2. Buyer may not have goods supplied by Studio Jolanda van Goor copied elsewhere, or manufacture imitations thereof that differ in only minor details from the goods supplied, or become directly or directly involved in this.
3. Copyright or any other intellectual property of sketches, designs or models in whatever phase of elaboration these are and have been delivered to or shown to Buyer, remain the full property of Studio Jolanda van Goor and may not be used otherwise that agreed in writing and solely for that specific purpose. Any permitted use does not mean that intellectual property rights have been transferred.
4. Without a prior written permission by Studio Jolanda van Goor, Buyer is not allowed to copy pictures, designs, brochures, DVD’s and other material or to use the information on its internet site. Permission by Studio Jolanda van Goor does not affect the rights of the author of the information provided.
12. Applicable law / disputes
1. All agreements are subject to the law of the Netherlands.The court with exclusive jurisdiction is that covering the area where Studio Jolanda van Goor B.V. has its registered office at the time a dispute arises. This also applies if the goods have been delivered in part or entirely abroad or if Buyer has its registered office or is domiciled abroad, unless mandatory law provides otherwise.
2. The parties shall always endeavour to resolve a dispute amicably, before any application is made by either party to the court.
3. The terms of the Vienna Sales Convention shall not apply.
13. Final terms
1. In the event that these general terms and conditions are available in a language other than Dutch, and there is any dispute as to interpretation or explanation, the Dutch text of these general terms and conditions shall prevail.
2. The version that is binding is the latest version published on www.Studio Jolanda van Goor.com/generalconditions at the time the agreement is entered into.
3. If any provisions in these general terms and conditions are void or revoked by the courts, the remaining provisions remain in force. Studio Jolanda van Goor and Buyer shall negotiate substitute provisions that are in line with the original provisions in terms of purpose and scope.